“My silence would be a true disservice to this nation that continues to bleed for every single human’s freedom. That is the essence of a Sikh. By remembering 1984, I am reminded that the Sikh identity was intentionally targeted and that very Sikh identity is a part of who I am.”
(Amanpreet Kaur, Sikhri 2019)
Gurmat Center’s goal has always been to promote the message of Sikhi and to remember the legacy of our Gurus. The Shaheedi Smagam is always held on the 31st of October so our youth can spend a wonderful evening with Sangat.
All celebrations are great but to forget our own history is an injustice to our future generation. Let’s help our children realize how great their Sikh heritage is by joining Gurmat Center on Saturday, October 31, 2020.
- Saturday, October 31, 2020
- 5:45 - 7:00 PM
- Virtual (Online): Details about how to view the program to come!
- Kirtan, Katha, Media Presentation, & Candy Bag Drive Thru
(Keep reading to find out how you can get a candy bag!)
CANDY BAG DRIVE-THRU
Candy bags will be distributed through the Candy Bag Drive Thru for students that sign up and virtually attend the event.
- Students must sign up by Friday, October 30, 2020 to be eligible for a candy bag.
- Parents must drive their children to Gurdwara Sahib Kalgidhar Darbar after the virtual program to receive candy bags.
- Drive thru time: 7:15 - 8:15 PM
- In order to receive candy bags, we will require proof that you attended the event. Make sure to watch the entire program to find out about more details regarding this!
Click here to sign up (required to receive a candy bag!)
We are asking all families to help support this free event through donations. Donations will help cover the cost of candy bags.
Purchase a 'Never Forget 1984 Wristband' from the Dharm Parchar Store for $1.00