For the past 19 years, Gurmat Center has honoured the great Shaheeds of the Sikh nation by holding its annual Shaheedi Smagam. Gurmat Center's goal has always been to promote the message of Sikhi and to remember the legacy of our Gurus. The Smagam is held on the 31st of October so that our youth can spend a wonderful evening in Sangat.
Children are given the opportunity to realize how great their Sikh identity and heritage is by learning about the events of 1984 at the Shaheedi Smagam. They receive a bag of candy in place of the time they would spend trick-or-treating. Children also enjoy pizza, French fries, ice-cream, prizes, Gatka and an entire evening filled with fun and learning!
For this year's 19th Annual Virtual Shaheedi Smagam, see the event details below!
- Virtual (Online): https://www.youtube.com/c/gurmatcenter
- Sunday, October 31, 2021
- 5:00 - 6:30 PM
- Kirtan, Katha, Media presentation, & Candy Bag Drive Thru
- Guest speaker: Bhai Pardeep Singh Jee
Candy Bag Drive-Thru:
- Candy bags will be distributed through the Candy Bag Drive Thru for students that sign up and attend the event.
- Students must sign up by Saturday, October 30, 2021 to be eligible for a candy bag.
- Parents must drive their children to Gurdwara Sahib Kalgidhar Darbar to receive candy bags
- After receiving your candy bag, park your vehicle and join us for tea, hot chocolate, and cookies in the parking lot!
- Drive thru: 6:45 - 7:45 PM
- In order to receive candy bags, we will require proof that you attended the event. Make sure to watch the entire program to find out about more details regarding this!
We are asking all families to help support this free event through donations:
- Donate online: www.gurmatcenter.com/donate
- Donate at Gurmat Center's Office (credit card, cash, or cheque)
- Donations will help cover the cost of candy bags
NEVER FORGET 1984 WRISTBANDS
- Purchase a 'Never Forget 1984 Wristband' from the Dharm Parchar Store for $1.00