Registration is now OPEN!
Summer Gurmat Camp will be taking place this summer! Although this summer will be different from previous years, it will be filled with many exciting activities and opportunities for students. We are excited to hold summer camp as it will allow students to remain connected to a positive learning environment, their education - including Punjab and Sikhi, and prevent learning loss! Despite the pandemic challenges, we are committed to providing an authentic learning experience for all campers.
Gurmat Center’s top priority has always been the safety and well-being of our students and volunteers. Since last year, we have been following and will continue to follow recommendations from our provincial health officer and local authorities. Continue reading below for more information!
WHO: For children in Kindergarten to Gr. 5 (as of June 2021). Children Gr. 6 & older may volunteer.
- SESSION 1 (9 Days): Monday, July 5 - Thursday, July 15, 2021
- SESSION 2 (9 Days): Monday, July 19 - Thursday, July 29, 2021
- SESSION 3 (9 Days): Tuesday, August 3 - Friday, August 13, 2021
TIME: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
WHERE: Gurmat Center (Gurdwara Kalgidhar Darbar)
FEE: $180 (per session)
The fee will allow Gurmat Center to cover all costs of camp such as printing, learning material, recreational activities, snacks, and teacher & support staff.
- Students are required to bring their own lunch and water bottle. Morning fruit/vegetable snacks will be provided daily.
- Seats are VERY limited due to small class sizes. Families are encouraged to register as soon as possible
- Applications are closed!
- Must be in Grade 6 or higher (as of June 2021) to volunteer
- Spots are VERY limited. All applications will be screened.
- Refer to the website for application deadlines and more details
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
Gurmat Center has updated its COVID-19 safety plan based on new regulations. Procedures and polices include the following:
- Physical distancing indoors
- Mandatory masks for campers, volunteers, and staff
- Frequent outdoor breaks
- Regular disinfection